This policy describes how MP2B is committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of our users in accordance with applicable laws and standards (Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector – CQLR, c. P-39.1). As a property and casualty insurance and surety firm, we collect, use and disclose information for the purposes of providing our services in the following areas:
- Insurance coverage for businesses, such as, but not limited to, property insurance, liability insurance, builders risk insurance, cyber-risk insurance, special events and sports insurance, etc.;
- Surety bonds, such as, but not limited to, bid bonds and letters of intent, performance bonds, labour and material payment bonds, maintenance bonds, etc.;
- Personal insurance coverage such as automobile, home and recreational vehicle insurance;
- Marine insurance coverage such as commercial fishing boat insurance, boating insurance, shipbuilders and boat repairers’ liability insurance, cargo insurance, boat building insurance, tourism boating insurance, etc.
Personal information is collected whenever you request a quote, register for one of our services or fill out a form on our website. The information we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- Identification details, such as your first and last name and date of birth;
- Contact details, such as your email address, postal code and phone number;
- Billing information, such as a billing address, bank account information or payment details;
- Financial details, such as assets, asset values and credit history;
- Professional details, such as your title and professional experience;
- Website use information including your IP address and information about your computer or mobile device, your interaction with our site, such as the pages you view and the actions you take.
The information we collect helps us provide and improve the services we offer. It also helps us meet our insurance and surety brokerage obligations.
We may use your personal information with your consent for the following purposes:
- To provide our property and casualty insurance and surety brokerage services and for our business operations, to administer and perform our services, including fulfilling our obligations under any agreement that binds us;
- To respond to inquiries from people using our online forms;
- To facilitate the use of our website, to ensure that content is relevant and presented in an effective manner to you;
- To communicate with you, to personalize your experience and to send you newsletters and special offers.
Your personal information is currently hosted in Canada.
We may provide your personal information to our service providers and partners, including:
- Our insurers, third-party service providers and/or partners who provide us with website services, application development, hosting, maintenance and other services. These third parties may access or process personal information for the purpose of the services they provide to us. The information provided to these service providers is limited to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with these service providers require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We follow generally accepted industry standards in order to protect the information submitted to us, both at the time of transmission and after its receipt. We maintain appropriate physical, technical or administrative safeguards to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, modification, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse or other unlawful forms of processing personal information in our possession. We have taken steps to ensure that all personnel who have access to your personal information are subject to a duty of confidentiality and that such personnel have a need to know this information or their duties reasonably require access.
However, no Internet transmission method or electronic data storage medium is 100% secure. We therefore cannot ensure or guarantee the security of any information you transmit or provide to us, which you do so at your own risk. Furthermore, we cannot guarantee that such information will not be accessed, obtained, disclosed, modified or destroyed as a result of a breach of our physical, technical or administrative safeguards. If you have reason to believe that personal information has been compromised, please see the contact details in the “Contact” section of our website.
Rights of individuals concerned
You have a number of rights with respect to your personal information.
In accordance with applicable data protection laws, an individual has the following rights:
- Access/Portability: the right to ask whether we process information and, if so, to request access to that same personal information;
- Accuracy: the right to ask whether reasonable steps are taken to ensure that personal information in our possession is accurate, complete and up-to-date;
- Rectification: the right to request rectification of any incomplete or inaccurate personal information we hold;
- Consent: the right to withdraw your consent to the disclosure or use of personal information collected;
- Deletion: the right to ask us to erase, destroy, anonymize, de-index or remove personal information under certain circumstances.
Contact – Manager